Make a Donation Today
Transition House depends on the generosity of the community to help local homeless families get back on their feet… in fact, 70% of our operating resources come from the kindness and concern of the Santa Barbara community.
Homelessness is traumatic for children and can have negative consequences that can effect the rest of their lives. Transition House’s children’s programs provide age appropriate interventions to improve the odds for kids to become successful adults.
Every $1,000 raised provides:
- Three meals a day and a safe, warm place to stay
- Tutoring and homework help for school aged children, as well as college focused mentoring for teens
- Free, licensed infant and toddler care, plus basic medical care
- Evening enrichment, including Technology and Literacy for Children (TLC)
- School clothes, supplies, and transportation to school if needed
- Regular kids’ stuff like birthday parties, holiday events, and trips to the zoo!